Happy Cyber Monday guys! I hope you enjoyed a long weekend with the people you love.
* I found out my cat hates other cats. Kayla brought her lil nug home too, and my lil Luna was not about having another 4-legged creature around her.
* The twin + our significant others and I went to the only cool bar in our hometown on Wednesday & saw our entire graduating class
* Turkey day was spent at multiple locations: my house, fiance’s aunts, and fiance’s grandparents
* I headed back home on Friday and spent the day chillin to the max with the twin. We binge watched Jessica Jones all weekend long.
* On Saturday I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!!! It was the third one I tried on and I seriously just knew it was the one.
* Saturday night we hosted our annual friendsgiving with our high school posse. Six years strong!
* Now I’m back in the city, and back to reality
Logan and I moved into our humble abode in August. We started with basically zero possessions (downfall of living abroad for a year). While we aren’t finished decorating our space, I really wanted to share some pics, and see how far it comes in the next year.
We got this giant couch of craigslist and I’m OBSESSED. As you can probably tell, the thing is massive! Perfect for binge watching TV, snuggling up for a movie night, or surfing the web.
Our collage wall (still a WIP) features postcards we collected throughout our year abroad.
Our room has two HUGE closets #praisebe. We haven’t really spent much time decorating this space since we don’t spend a ton of time in there.
For some reason we have a massive dining room. At first we had no idea what to do with all the space, but it’s come together pretty nicely. Having a giant dining room is also a great excuse to host lots of little parties!
Our kitchen is pretty meh, so here’s a pic of our fridge. Can you tell I have a thing for photobooths…?
Thanks for joining the home tour! Which room is your favorite?
Hello all, I was too busy having fun and enjoying small moments with great friends to take pics.
* Chicago had it’s first snowfall of the season on Friday!
* I went out with the fiance and his coworkers after work on Friday, it’s always so fun to see your person interact with people you don’t know, but they do. Do you know what I mean? I think it helps remind you about some of the things you first loved about them.
* My good friend who moved to San Fran earlier this year came to town, so Logan and I hosted an impromptu pot luck with some people to catch up, eat, and drink!
* On Sunday I went to a birthday brunch for one of my lady friends! It felt very adult, and also motivated me to leave my apartment on this chilly weekend.
Hip hip horray for a weekend filled with lots of friends, giggles, and plenty of TV time.
What’d you do over the weekend?
P.S. I got this illustration from My Baby Olive Juice
Can you guys believe Thanksgiving is next week?! I can’t wait! I was out of the country last year, so I haven’t had a good Thanksgiving feast in 2 years.
While I can’t wait for Thanksgiving, I also can’t wait for the day after because that means it’s officially Christmas season! I’ll be dreaming of hot chocolate, Michael Buble’s Christmas album, sparkly lights, and of course holiday gift giving until then.
I love gift giving, so I’ve decided to put together a few gift guides for all of you and all the special people in your life.
- This super fun day planner will make sure she gets sh*t done
- Inspirational mug that will set a positive vibe for the day
- Cutesy floral water bottle, to look pretty while being healthy. Win-win.
- Desk organizer helps with decluttering the small space she calls home 5 days a week
- A motivational print to get her through 9-5
- A minimalistic calendar will help her organize her life inside and outside the office
- A personalized mousepad to help make your lil space a little more you
Hey hey hey, it’s Fridayyyy! I hope you guys had an excellent week. I had one day this week where I was on the edge of death (aka killer migraine), whenever I get migraines I always have ALL of the super shitty symptoms. I’m talking vomiting, dizziness, and sensitivity to light, TMI? I’m so pumped for this weekend, not because I’m doing anything, but because next week is THANKSGIVING! I can’t believe how fast time flies! Le cray.
1. Posh spice // I’m looking pretty put together in this drapey tunic, suede vest, and camel riding boots
2. All American Girl // This red white and blue ensemble screams americana. A blue and white striped dress, paired with a red fringe infinity scarf.
3. Liberal Arts Major // This asymmetrical free people top, leggings, and lace up boots bring me back to my college days as an advertising and psych major. Oh nostalgia.
4. Fall Fashion Mash-up // Olive green corduroys paired with a denim floral top, and a mega infinity scarf brings all the fall fashion trends into one look.
Which outfit is your favorite?
Monday?! But how…?
Well I hope all of you beautiful people had a fantastic weekend. The weather couldn’t have been better here in Chicago, 70 in November? I’ll take it!
* On Friday I took the fiance out for his birthday dinner! The big 2-4. We went to this amazing French restaurant in Lincoln Park, 3 courses of deliciousness.
* Saturday was super chill. We woke up late, watched a ton of TV, snuggled with our lil Luna, and wandered around the neighborhood all afternoon.
* Saturday night was as equally chill as Saturday: pizza, friends, and a movie night. Sometimes you just need to kick back and relax, and by sometimes I mean all the time.
* Sunday was as basic as a Sunday can be: grocery shopping, gym, fro-yo, and hanging with my BFF.
What’d you do this weekend?
We did it! We made it to FRIDAY!!! Work wise this week was pretty meh, but it was the fiancees birthday yesterday. I just love giving him presents and watching his face light up – it’s super great! haha. We’re going out to a nice dinner tonight to continue celebrating his 24th year on this planet. Do you have any fun weekend plans?!
1. Floral Biker Babe // H&M Top, Fringe Scarf, and Gray Moto Pants
2. Enamored for Embroidery // Thrifted Embroidered Tunic, Oversized Gap Cardigan, Leggings, Cognac Nordstrom Boots
3. Rule Breaker // Patterned White H&M Pants, Striped H&M Sweater, and Army Green F21 Vest
5. Master of None
Aziz Ansari’s latest project is basically a twenty something’s anthem. In the brief 10 episodes, this show covers all the hot-button current issues from racism, to not giving enough shits about our grandparents.
Following Shonda’s typical style, Scandal is drama-filled and chuck full of plot-twists. The series follows super-smart, super-fashionable, and ultra-lovable Olivia Pope as she fights against the evil that is Washington DC politics.
3. Parks and Recreation
Need a little light-hearted, heartwarming comedy? Parks and Rec is sure to deliver lots of laughs and good feels. The series follows the life of Leslie Knope, a low-level government employee who cares more about her town than you care about anything. With each passing season, the cast continues to grow more lovable, and more complex.
2. Grey’s Anatomy
This is a show that has no re-run limit. I’ve probably seen every episode a minimum of 3 times. We’re dragged through the trenches following the lives of multiple swoon-worthy doctors. They somehow defy all odds and survive a shit-ton of life threatening scenarios (SO MUCH DRAMA), fall in and out of love with each other, and build and breakdown friendships. It’s everything your little heart could desire.
1. Gilmore Girls
The perfect mix of comedy, drama, and romance! All delivered by a fast-talking, coffee-drinking, junk food-eating mother daughter duo who you can’t help but love. The series is as much a coming of age story, as it is a wtf do I do with my life series. Follow along, fall in love, and skip season six.
Hello friends! Another awesome weekend for the books over here. It was so chill, and low-key, my fav! Not to mention the weather here in Chicago has been absolutely amazing!
* Friday night we went to the Whole Foods Event, 5 after 5. Not the best food we’ve had there, but it was still a good way to spend an evening
* Saturday morning Logan and I took some engagement pictures. We decided not to pay for them, because we knew we could easily take and edit them ourselves. Kayla (the twin), also snapped some for us *THANKS* I’ll share more of them later! 🙂
* I did some major shopping damage at some resale shops #cantstopwontstop
* Fiance and I had a double date with Twin and her BF. We went to a little pub called Brownstone, SO AMAZING. Turkey burger + sweet potato fries (sounds basic, but it was amazing).
* Sunday was spent walking around our beautiful neighborhood enjoying the crisp autumn air, and a couple of lattes (does it get any better?!)