Hello & a very merry Christmas to all of you! I hope you enjoy this time with your family, friends, and anyone you hold dear! Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, enjoy this time off work/school/general responsibilities.
- Feel the joy of giving!
- Enjoy time with people you don’t see all the time.<3
- Eat lots of cookies 🙂
Happy Christmas Eve ya’ll! I can’t believe how fast Christmas has crept up on me this year. I think it’s partially because it’s my first year working in the real world. No longer being a student means no more mega long winter breaks 😦
I do have a few days off, and I’m ready for rest, relaxation, and some quality family time!
This outfit is a perfect mix of rugged and girly. Wearing a big ol’ flannel under a sweet sweater is just a great combo, don’t you think?
Do you have any fun Christmas traditions?
I’ve mentioned it a few times on here, but I am lucky enough to call myself a twin. There are a lot of perks to having a person who shares your DNA, your face, and YOUR BIRTHDAY! I don’t know if you all have realized it, but no one is quite as excited to celebrate your birthday as you (duh). BUT when you have a twin, they are equally as excited as you! Double the birthday, double the fun – ya know?! For this post I want to do some reflecting, and give you 23 life lessons I’ve learned in my lifetime.
- Stop comparing yourself to other people.
- Appreciate the things people do for you.
- Make new friends.
- Put an effort to keep in contact with the people you enjoy being around. It’s worth it.
- Try really hard to be optimistic. (forever working on this)
- Radiate good vibes and positive energy. ~channelling inner flower child~
- Take pleasure in little moments.
- Be silly.
- Learn constantly, about lots of things.
- Have an opinion.
- Speak your mind (but don’t be an asshole about it).
- Stop worrying about how much you weigh.
- But take care of your body. Run around, eat some veggies, and call it a day.
- Be nice.
- Keep problems in perspective. Lots of things aren’t as bad as they initially seem.
- Stop worrying, no one really has their shit figured out.
- Social media is a highlights reel.
- Take candid pictures.
- Clothing: invest in staples, bargain shop for trends.
- Don’t apologize for liking the things you like.
- Be open to new things.
- Go on adventures: big & small.
- Remember that relationships are the most important things of the human experience.
I hope this list can inspire you, if even just a little tiny bit. And I’m going to do my best to take my own advice. 🙂
Here’s to another great year!
Happy humpday homies! I’m a bit late on my weekend recap, not that I could imagine you guys being too torn up about it.
* On Friday my team at work had a holiday potluck! Cheese is life. The end.
* Saturday was my company’s holiday party. It was my first-ever big-girl holiday party and it was an absolute blast! It was held at the Museum of Broadcast Journalism.
*Delicious food, an open bar, and an amazing band were the highlights of the night.
* On Sunday I paid for my enjoyment of the open bar, and was bound to the couch with a Luna on my lap.
How was your weekend?!
Looking for a daily dose of fashion inspo? Look no further!
Her stream is a slew of amazing home goods, tasty recipes, and fun DIYS.
3. Sam Larson
Sam Larson is a super amazing artist! His work centers around nature and fine lines.
If we’re being real, I follow mostly cats and dogs on instagram. I just need my daily dose of fluff!
Fashion icon meets world traveler. Get the best of both worlds by clicking “follow.”
Last weekend I wore this little number to a girlfriend’s birthday brunch. The combination of playful romper + boyfriend blazer makes for the perfect put-together look without sacrificing comfort.
We went to a really great spot called Wood. If you’re in the Chicago area I would totally recommend stopping by there on a Saturday or Sunday morning!
Tell me what you think in the comments below!