I’ve mentioned it a few times on here, but I am lucky enough to call myself a twin. There are a lot of perks to having a person who shares your DNA, your face, and YOUR BIRTHDAY! I don’t know if you all have realized it, but no one is quite as excited to celebrate your birthday as you (duh). BUT when you have a twin, they are equally as excited as you! Double the birthday, double the fun – ya know?! For this post I want to do some reflecting, and give you 23 life lessons I’ve learned in my lifetime.
- Stop comparing yourself to other people.
- Appreciate the things people do for you.
- Make new friends.
- Put an effort to keep in contact with the people you enjoy being around. It’s worth it.
- Try really hard to be optimistic. (forever working on this)
- Radiate good vibes and positive energy. ~channelling inner flower child~
- Take pleasure in little moments.
- Be silly.
- Learn constantly, about lots of things.
- Have an opinion.
- Speak your mind (but don’t be an asshole about it).
- Stop worrying about how much you weigh.
- But take care of your body. Run around, eat some veggies, and call it a day.
- Be nice.
- Keep problems in perspective. Lots of things aren’t as bad as they initially seem.
- Stop worrying, no one really has their shit figured out.
- Social media is a highlights reel.
- Take candid pictures.
- Clothing: invest in staples, bargain shop for trends.
- Don’t apologize for liking the things you like.
- Be open to new things.
- Go on adventures: big & small.
- Remember that relationships are the most important things of the human experience.
I hope this list can inspire you, if even just a little tiny bit. And I’m going to do my best to take my own advice. 🙂
Here’s to another great year!