Hello friends! I’m two weeks in to my Whole 30 challenge, and it feels kinda like two years…
Breakfasts: I tried another egg bake this week. This time I omitted the asparagus, and added in some lean ground turkey. Let me tell you, it was great! But, I did make the mistake of using paper cups that basically became one with my little egg muffins (pictured above). Hard to peel, but easy to devour. For the weekend I’ve been living off paleo oatmeal (pictured above). Really don’t give two shits if this falls under the whole “sex with your pants on” category. It’s just banana + 2 eggs.
Lunches: Chicken and sweet potatoes were on the menu this week. I made a huge batch of frozen chicken in the crock pot on Sunday night (chicken + tomatoes + onion), and it lasted me the entire week. I used lettuce as a faux tortilla. PS I failed at making sweet potato fries not once, but twice. Also, I tried to do the thing where you cook a sweet potato in the microwave and managed to eff that up as well…
Dinners: Lots of variations in dinner this week. Except I HAD to repeat paleo nachos because it was so delicious, I also had breakfast for dinner one night (my fav)! Meats: pork, ground beef, chicken, and ground turkey all made appearances as well + lots of veggies (duh)!
- Guys, I feel like my stomach is the flattest it’s ever been!
- I tried on all of my summer shorts that were a little tighter than I would have liked this summer, and guess what? They’re loosey goosey on me now #nonscalevictory!
- My sister got a food processor and we made our own nut butter! It’s my new favorite, although I must admit that they’d taste better with just a touch of sweetness (agave, honey, anything).
- I got a giant ass pimple
- My period came 2 whole days early (TMI?),
- and I really really really wanted alcohol.
Any snack suggestions?