Well here we are, we’ve almost made it to the finish line! Too bad it’s not the Whole 28, ya know what I mean? But I’ve been feeling pretty good this week, definitely better than last week I’d say. I still cannot look at another scrambled egg or baked chicken breast (too much of a good thing).
Breakfasts: So I’m 100% over the egg game. I managed to have scrambled eggs and a plain omelette two days of the week. But I also took to shakes this week. While shakes are discouraged, which I wholeheartedly disagree with by the way, it was necessary for me if I was going to try to eat breakfast. For these shakes I used banana, strawberry, and egg whites! It was filling and delicious.
Lunches: CHICKEN, we need a break. You’ve gotten me through 28 days, but I literally can’t even with you anymore. I had baked chicken and veggies all week. I’ve also come to the conclusion that pistachios and raisins are soulmates.
Dinners: This was a good week for dinners! Lots of beef (NOMZ). Lean ground beef, ground turkey, eggs, and bacon made an appearance this week. I’ve also realized I’m completely obsessed with potatoes and plantains! Of course lots of veggies were also on the menu. I find frozen veggies so disgusting, that I insist we buy fresh produce. Frozen vegetables are just way too mushy for my taste.
- My clothes are still fitting loosely.
- My workouts continue to be strong, and I’m feeling lighter during my runs (placebo?)
- I’ve been sleeping pretty well this past week, but I don’t feel like it’s an insane improvement to how I usually sleep.
- This was my fourth weekend of sobriety, and I’m feeling a little like I’m a prisoner in my apartment. I need to go out!
- I’m not really craving any off-plan food. I just want peanut butter and popcorn. But not together, that’d be kinda weird. But maybe, kinda delicious.
- I’ve started stressing about the reintroduction phase, and slipping back into old habits. But I’m sure it’ll be fine!
Only 2 more days until I’ve completed my Whole 30 adventure!