Is it just me, or does it seem like vests are totally having a moment right now? I’ve been eyeing lots of them on my fellow Chicagoans, and I must say I’m green with envy.
1. This brown suede vest is on the top of my must-have list. I think t would really pull a lot of my outfits together.
2. I tragically lost my beloved denim jacket between moves, talk about heartbroken. I guess this one could cheer me up.
3. Still debating about this faux fur vest trend, do you guys think I could pull it off?
4. This puffy maroon vest looks like it could replace some of my fall jackets.
5. Loving the cut of this cute and casual gray number.
Which vest is your favorite?!
Now that temps are finally dipping down into the 50s, it feels like fall has finally arrived! And with these low temperatures, I’m reaching for all things comfy and cozy! I found all of these on this awesome site shein. I didn’t think it was a super legit shopping site (a too good to be true case), but my sister recently ordered from them and everything was a pretty good quality, and she got the package pretty quickly! Score!
1. DYING for this geometric maroon poncho, I can just see myself cuddled up in it every weekend.
2. Similar to number 1, but long enough to wear with a pair of leggings. I like the cowl neck, and I don’t think it would feel like a tiny leprechaun is choking me all day (I’m looking at you turtle necks).
3. I have one blanket scarf, but living in Chicago in the winter means I need like 8 of these on rotation. The houndstooth print on this one would go great with everything in my closet.
4. Color block is still in, and I love this simple dress with autumn inspired colors.
5. How amazing does this ombre scarf look?! I think it’s #1 on my scarf wish list.
6. Last, but not least, another poncho inspired top that would look great with riding boots, and a pair of printed leggings.
What are you currently craving?!
With fall just around the corner, I’ve been hit with a massive wave of shoe cravings. I kind of have smelly/sweaty feet #TMI, so being able to contain them in boots,slip ons, and tennies really helps haha. There are so many fall trends I am dying to try, as well as some classics I need to replace (cheap riding boots woes).
1. Platform sneakers are HUGE in Europe (where I lived last year). I’m lusting after these chic faux snake leather pair.
2. One of the latest shoe trends I’ve noticed are lace up flats. Talk about adding a dash of glam to a simple shoe.
3. I need to get my hands on a pair of classic, simple booties that I can wear on the daily.
4. Always a sucker for cognac colored riding boots. I should invest in a good pair this year because I always have to replace them.
5. Going with the athletic wear chic, these pair of nikes would pair well with anything.
Fall is just around the corner, and I couldn’t be happier about it. We had a bit of an autumn weather preview in Chicago last week, but the temps are soaring in the 90s again this week, talk about a total tease. There are so many items I’m dying to add to my wardrobe. Since I was living abroad last year, I wasn’t really able to shop a lot because I knew I’d have to bring everything back with me in a 50 lbs suitcase.
- Need this basic blanket scarf that I know would look great with a long sleeve tee, jeans, and some tall boots
- I’ve been seeing these massive statement necklaces all over the place: instagram, bloglovin’, street style.
- Little booties! How cute are these guys?! I’m positive they’d look great with everything + the little heel makes for easy walking.
- Desperate for a lightweight cross-body, and I’m basically obsessed with this deep purple color. All of the ones I have now are old and super beat up.
- I really loved seeing these wide brimmed hats last year, and this one is only $17!
I don’t know if it’s my increasing boredom with TV #unemployed, but I’ve got DIY on the brain. I can’t wait for the first chilly autumn day that I can devote entirely to crafting. Here are some of the projects that are at the top of my list.
1. Distressed Denim
I’ve been working on a pair of my own distressed jeans, and WOW it takes a really long time to create a nice hole. So the next time someone asks you why you’d buy ripped pants, tell them it’s because doing it yourself is actually a total b*tch.
2. Cactus pincushions
I wouldn’t use these lil cuties for sewing; I think they’d make some great decoration for my little apartment though. And everyone knows cacti are so on trend right now.
3. Scrap book
The boyfriend and I spent a whole year traveling around Europe, so you can only imagine how many great pics I have of us. I’d love to print them out and make a
little huge book chuck full of memories.
4. Monochromatic bracelets
Wow talk about a grown-up spin on friendship bracelets. I’m in love with the boho bracelet stacking look, so I could totally see me rocking 5 of these on my wrist.
5. Branch hooks
Love the idea of making something pretty from nature. My apartment is all white, so I think I’d use a pop of color for these!