More to come!
More to come!
Monday?! But how…?
Well I hope all of you beautiful people had a fantastic weekend. The weather couldn’t have been better here in Chicago, 70 in November? I’ll take it!
* On Friday I took the fiance out for his birthday dinner! The big 2-4. We went to this amazing French restaurant in Lincoln Park, 3 courses of deliciousness.
* Saturday was super chill. We woke up late, watched a ton of TV, snuggled with our lil Luna, and wandered around the neighborhood all afternoon.
* Saturday night was as equally chill as Saturday: pizza, friends, and a movie night. Sometimes you just need to kick back and relax, and by sometimes I mean all the time.
* Sunday was as basic as a Sunday can be: grocery shopping, gym, fro-yo, and hanging with my BFF.
What’d you do this weekend?
Happy weekend guys! My week went by pretty quickly, so that was great. How about yours?
Midas Touch Tones // Striped bat-winged crop top, skinnies, riding boots – the dark gold color is a perfect one for fall
Spanish-inspired Layers // Polka dot dress, open backed top, booties – layering shirts over dresses is a style I picked up while living in Madrid for a year
Two Trends Collide // Black crocheted poncho meets denim tunic – can’t decide on a trend to wear? Why choose?! Rock two trends at once (PS it’s a super comfy cozy outfit)
Aztec Assets // Urban Outfitters gray tunic, black skinnies, printed scarf. There’s no easier way to add a little oomph to your outfit than pairing it with a bold scarf.
Jumpin for Jumpers // Patterned romper hand me down, black cardigan, and tights – the only bad aspect of this outfit is adding 2 minutes on to your bathroom break, but all in the name of fashion, right?
Now that temps are finally dipping down into the 50s, it feels like fall has finally arrived! And with these low temperatures, I’m reaching for all things comfy and cozy! I found all of these on this awesome site shein. I didn’t think it was a super legit shopping site (a too good to be true case), but my sister recently ordered from them and everything was a pretty good quality, and she got the package pretty quickly! Score!
1. DYING for this geometric maroon poncho, I can just see myself cuddled up in it every weekend.
2. Similar to number 1, but long enough to wear with a pair of leggings. I like the cowl neck, and I don’t think it would feel like a tiny leprechaun is choking me all day (I’m looking at you turtle necks).
3. I have one blanket scarf, but living in Chicago in the winter means I need like 8 of these on rotation. The houndstooth print on this one would go great with everything in my closet.
4. Color block is still in, and I love this simple dress with autumn inspired colors.
5. How amazing does this ombre scarf look?! I think it’s #1 on my scarf wish list.
6. Last, but not least, another poncho inspired top that would look great with riding boots, and a pair of printed leggings.
What are you currently craving?!
Hello friends! This weekend was dominated by one main activity: APPLE PICKING! We (twin, twin’s bf, boyfriend, and I) were in our hometown for a brief 24 hours, but we definitely made the most of it. As you can tell by our outfits, fall has hit the midwest full force, and I could not be happier about it *yay layers!*
The boyfriend and I have made apple picking quite the tradition, so it was super fun to be able to share the experience with our other favorite couple *le duh.*
The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out, and making delicious apple goodies. I made this dip, and the twin made this apple crumble. I think I ate enough apples this weekend to keep the doctor away for YEARS!
Did you do any fall activities this weekend?
Hello, and Happy FriYAY! This week was a slow one at work, I just started so I’m still in the training phase which means my workload comes in waves throughout the day. I wanted to give you all a little glimpse into my weekday wardrobe (it’s actually identical to my weekend wardrobe *yay no dress code!*)
1. Flowy florals // Black skinny jeans, loosey goose flower top, and knee high boots
2. Black is the new orange // Striped peplum Free People top, black skinnies, and red flats for a pop of color
3. Texture Tuesday // White embroidered skinnies, blue-green woven box top, and oxfords
4. Fall Fashion // Thrifted cognac booties, tights, a-line tunic, and maroon scarf
5. Olsen twin chic // Polka dot dress, and brown cotton cape? kimono? I’m not sure…
What’s your weekly fashion look like?
Like most people, I am completely obsessed with fall! The crisp autumn air, layering scarves & sweaters, warm soups, the changing leaves, how could you not love this season? As I’ve said before, I’m a fairly nostalgic person, so as this new season begins I can’t help but look back at some of my all-time favorite fall memories.
* During my first fall in college my siblings and I came home for my mom’s birthday & went on a photo shoot for her present (she LOVED it). I still love looking back at these awesome pictures of all of us together!
* The boyfriend and I started a fall date tradition of apple picking back in 2009, and we’ve done it ever since! We used to go to this little apple orchard in a Wisconsin town close to our college, but now that we aren’t going to school in Whitewater we’ll have to find a new place to get our pickin on!
* Another autumn tradition during the college years was coming down to Chicago to visit my sister for the weekend. We always did lots of fall activities (coffee shop hopping, baking, shopping, and Halloween parties galore). There’s nothing quite like fall in the city.
* Friendsgiving! We were a little ahead of the popularity curve of this event, because we started planning Friendsgivings in 2009, and have continued celebrating it with our high school buddies ever since. Since we’ve all grown up and gone our separate ways it’s really nice to have a day where we can all catch up.
What are some of your favorite fall memories?
With fall just around the corner, I’ve been hit with a massive wave of shoe cravings. I kind of have smelly/sweaty feet #TMI, so being able to contain them in boots,slip ons, and tennies really helps haha. There are so many fall trends I am dying to try, as well as some classics I need to replace (cheap riding boots woes).
1. Platform sneakers are HUGE in Europe (where I lived last year). I’m lusting after these chic faux snake leather pair.
2. One of the latest shoe trends I’ve noticed are lace up flats. Talk about adding a dash of glam to a simple shoe.
3. I need to get my hands on a pair of classic, simple booties that I can wear on the daily.
4. Always a sucker for cognac colored riding boots. I should invest in a good pair this year because I always have to replace them.
5. Going with the athletic wear chic, these pair of nikes would pair well with anything.
Fall is just around the corner, and I couldn’t be happier about it. We had a bit of an autumn weather preview in Chicago last week, but the temps are soaring in the 90s again this week, talk about a total tease. There are so many items I’m dying to add to my wardrobe. Since I was living abroad last year, I wasn’t really able to shop a lot because I knew I’d have to bring everything back with me in a 50 lbs suitcase.