More to come!
More to come!
Monday?! But how…?
Well I hope all of you beautiful people had a fantastic weekend. The weather couldn’t have been better here in Chicago, 70 in November? I’ll take it!
* On Friday I took the fiance out for his birthday dinner! The big 2-4. We went to this amazing French restaurant in Lincoln Park, 3 courses of deliciousness.
* Saturday was super chill. We woke up late, watched a ton of TV, snuggled with our lil Luna, and wandered around the neighborhood all afternoon.
* Saturday night was as equally chill as Saturday: pizza, friends, and a movie night. Sometimes you just need to kick back and relax, and by sometimes I mean all the time.
* Sunday was as basic as a Sunday can be: grocery shopping, gym, fro-yo, and hanging with my BFF.
What’d you do this weekend?
Hello friends! Another awesome weekend for the books over here. It was so chill, and low-key, my fav! Not to mention the weather here in Chicago has been absolutely amazing!
* Friday night we went to the Whole Foods Event, 5 after 5. Not the best food we’ve had there, but it was still a good way to spend an evening
* Saturday morning Logan and I took some engagement pictures. We decided not to pay for them, because we knew we could easily take and edit them ourselves. Kayla (the twin), also snapped some for us *THANKS* I’ll share more of them later! 🙂
* I did some major shopping damage at some resale shops #cantstopwontstop
* Fiance and I had a double date with Twin and her BF. We went to a little pub called Brownstone, SO AMAZING. Turkey burger + sweet potato fries (sounds basic, but it was amazing).
* Sunday was spent walking around our beautiful neighborhood enjoying the crisp autumn air, and a couple of lattes (does it get any better?!)
Well guess who had one amazing weekend?! This girl! On Saturday, October 10, 2015 my
boyfriend fiancé got down on one knee and asked me to hang out with him forever. SCORE! I’m going to write out the sequence of events for selfish reasons, because I want to remember this special day for-e-ver, and also because my friends and family probably want the inside scoop…
Phase 1: Fun-filled lunch
Logan switched up our usual plans and suggested we go out for a yummy lunch instead of a dinner. I didn’t think twice about it, and instantly agreed. Because food, ya know? Cue tasty all-american lunch in Lincoln Park (at Gaslight if you really want to know). Logan even encouraged me to splurge on some sweet potato fries, maybe that’s when I should’ve been suspicious.
Phase 2: Fall fest at Lincoln Park Zoo
This was Logan’s cover. A cover I literally gave him because I wanted to check out the event that celebrates my all-time favorite season #basic. So we walk from the restaurant and pass by one of my favorite spots in the city: a really adorable, super quant pond. I’ve pointed this pond out a few times to Logan, and have even mentioned we should mosey down the little pier, but we just never did. So cue Logan and I passing by it, and me suggesting we go look at it, when Logan takes the initiative and suggests going out onto the pier. And I was like “wow, what a wonderful idea!” It was later revealed to me that Logan had scoped out lots of places for the proposal, and decided this perfect pond was the perfect spot to pop the question. 🙂
Phase 3: The proposal!
So we’re walking down the dock (I was momentarily distracted by a turtle sun bathing on a log), and let me set the scene: it’s a PERFECT fall day (leaves are starting to change, the air is crisp, and the dock is basically empty of anyone but the two of us). We get to the end of the dock, and Logan turns around, takes my hands and says (from the best I can remember) “Shannon Michelle Waisath, I am so happy that I’ve had you as my best friend for the past six years. I love you so much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you *cue pulling out ring* *cue taking a knee* Will you marry me?!” YES! Obviously you all knew how that story would end…
Phase 4: Post proposal
Logan tells me that Kayla (my twin sister), has been hiding like a creep in the nearby bushes snapping pics of the whole thing! YAY! I was so happy that she was there for this moment, and that I could gush over my ring and excitement with two of my favorite people ever. I was, and still am, very surprised. I’M GETTING MARRIED!