Hi Friends! We’re one (work) week into 2016, and I’m feeling pretty damn good. I’m on day 6 of Whole 30 and it’s going well. I thought I’d share a couple New Years resolutions. I know it sounds cliche, but even though it’s really just another month, there’s definitely a cleansing feeling that revolves around a ~new year~. Don’t you think? I also want to share some things I’m looking forward to in 2016!
- Complete the Whole 30 challenge
- Grow up, and stop making vodka diets my drink of choice
- Read 1 book a month. Not Harry Potter…
- MAKE more things (food, crafts, memories)
- Take candid pictures/bring my Nikon places
- Eat more veggies
- Assert myself #sorrynotsorry
Looking Forward To
- GETTING MARRIED!!!
- Feeling comfortable at my job (no longer a super newbie!)
- Summertime Chi, there’s no place like it
- Holidays (it’s pathetic, but I’m still sad holiday season 2015 is over).
I’ve mentioned it a few times on here, but I am lucky enough to call myself a twin. There are a lot of perks to having a person who shares your DNA, your face, and YOUR BIRTHDAY! I don’t know if you all have realized it, but no one is quite as excited to celebrate your birthday as you (duh). BUT when you have a twin, they are equally as excited as you! Double the birthday, double the fun – ya know?! For this post I want to do some reflecting, and give you 23 life lessons I’ve learned in my lifetime.
- Stop comparing yourself to other people.
- Appreciate the things people do for you.
- Make new friends.
- Put an effort to keep in contact with the people you enjoy being around. It’s worth it.
- Try really hard to be optimistic. (forever working on this)
- Radiate good vibes and positive energy. ~channelling inner flower child~
- Take pleasure in little moments.
- Be silly.
- Learn constantly, about lots of things.
- Have an opinion.
- Speak your mind (but don’t be an asshole about it).
- Stop worrying about how much you weigh.
- But take care of your body. Run around, eat some veggies, and call it a day.
- Be nice.
- Keep problems in perspective. Lots of things aren’t as bad as they initially seem.
- Stop worrying, no one really has their shit figured out.
- Social media is a highlights reel.
- Take candid pictures.
- Clothing: invest in staples, bargain shop for trends.
- Don’t apologize for liking the things you like.
- Be open to new things.
- Go on adventures: big & small.
- Remember that relationships are the most important things of the human experience.
I hope this list can inspire you, if even just a little tiny bit. And I’m going to do my best to take my own advice. 🙂
Here’s to another great year!
Last weekend I wore this little number to a girlfriend’s birthday brunch. The combination of playful romper + boyfriend blazer makes for the perfect put-together look without sacrificing comfort.
We went to a really great spot called Wood. If you’re in the Chicago area I would totally recommend stopping by there on a Saturday or Sunday morning!
Tell me what you think in the comments below!
Happy Cyber Monday guys! I hope you enjoyed a long weekend with the people you love.
* I found out my cat hates other cats. Kayla brought her lil nug home too, and my lil Luna was not about having another 4-legged creature around her.
* The twin + our significant others and I went to the only cool bar in our hometown on Wednesday & saw our entire graduating class
* Turkey day was spent at multiple locations: my house, fiance’s aunts, and fiance’s grandparents
* I headed back home on Friday and spent the day chillin to the max with the twin. We binge watched Jessica Jones all weekend long.
* On Saturday I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS!!! It was the third one I tried on and I seriously just knew it was the one.
* Saturday night we hosted our annual friendsgiving with our high school posse. Six years strong!
* Now I’m back in the city, and back to reality
Hello all, I was too busy having fun and enjoying small moments with great friends to take pics.
* Chicago had it’s first snowfall of the season on Friday!
* I went out with the fiance and his coworkers after work on Friday, it’s always so fun to see your person interact with people you don’t know, but they do. Do you know what I mean? I think it helps remind you about some of the things you first loved about them.
* My good friend who moved to San Fran earlier this year came to town, so Logan and I hosted an impromptu pot luck with some people to catch up, eat, and drink!
* On Sunday I went to a birthday brunch for one of my lady friends! It felt very adult, and also motivated me to leave my apartment on this chilly weekend.
Hip hip horray for a weekend filled with lots of friends, giggles, and plenty of TV time.
What’d you do over the weekend?
P.S. I got this illustration from My Baby Olive Juice
Can you guys believe Thanksgiving is next week?! I can’t wait! I was out of the country last year, so I haven’t had a good Thanksgiving feast in 2 years.
While I can’t wait for Thanksgiving, I also can’t wait for the day after because that means it’s officially Christmas season! I’ll be dreaming of hot chocolate, Michael Buble’s Christmas album, sparkly lights, and of course holiday gift giving until then.
I love gift giving, so I’ve decided to put together a few gift guides for all of you and all the special people in your life.
- This super fun day planner will make sure she gets sh*t done
- Inspirational mug that will set a positive vibe for the day
- Cutesy floral water bottle, to look pretty while being healthy. Win-win.
- Desk organizer helps with decluttering the small space she calls home 5 days a week
- A motivational print to get her through 9-5
- A minimalistic calendar will help her organize her life inside and outside the office
- A personalized mousepad to help make your lil space a little more you
* Sure to melt your cynical soul: this video is so cheesy, but hey, who doesn’t love love?
* Loving this story about some American heroes who saved the day. That’s sure to boost national pride!
* OMG! Don’t know why I would need these supa cute birth control pill holders, but I do need them.
* Obsessed with Cara Loren’s Boho Chic look, isn’t her hair to die for?!
* Laughed, cried, and had lots of deep thoughts about this NPR Podcast covering the ever-present need for integration in the American school system.
* Watched basically every episode of Shark Week
* Celebrated the Fourth of July with my best bud in the best way, soaking up some summer rays
* Chicago went all out to celebrate the US Women’s Soccer Team world cup win
* I returned back to the good ol’ United States and got to spend some quality time at home
* Logan and I had to say hasta luego to Madrid after a year of living there
* My good bye European treat was a case of McDonald’s Macaroons, soooooo tasty
* Holy freckles
* Had lunch a couple times on the Chicago River Walk with BFF #1 & #2
* Went to a super fun wedding with the Cannon Clan
* Kayla and I were scolded multiple times for breaking beach rules we were unaware of #teamnoodle
* Reunited with some great friends at a Rooftop housewarming party, yay friends!
* Enjoyed some free music downtown with the siblings, so lucky to call them my best friends
This weekend I adventured to the suburbs of the suburbs for a wedding. Who doesn’t love a good wedding? The bride was beautiful, the decorations were on point, and there was an open bar, need I say more? I’m just going to make a little bulleted list of weekend wedding memories [twitter style].
- The bride and groom met each other when they were in second grade, but didn’t actually start dating until they were in college #preshtodeath
- The officiant’s breathing was SUPER distracting & very Darth Vaderish #lukeIamyourfather
- This wedding marks my first-ever run in with an open bar #REGRETS
- The party favors were as Midwest as can be #caramelandcheesepopcorn
- The DJ never played my song request! #foreverbitter