Hi Friends! We’re one (work) week into 2016, and I’m feeling pretty damn good. I’m on day 6 of Whole 30 and it’s going well. I thought I’d share a couple New Years resolutions. I know it sounds cliche, but even though it’s really just another month, there’s definitely a cleansing feeling that revolves around a ~new year~. Don’t you think? I also want to share some things I’m looking forward to in 2016!
- Complete the Whole 30 challenge
- Grow up, and stop making vodka diets my drink of choice
- Read 1 book a month. Not Harry Potter…
- MAKE more things (food, crafts, memories)
- Take candid pictures/bring my Nikon places
- Eat more veggies
- Assert myself #sorrynotsorry
Looking Forward To
- GETTING MARRIED!!!
- Feeling comfortable at my job (no longer a super newbie!)
- Summertime Chi, there’s no place like it
- Holidays (it’s pathetic, but I’m still sad holiday season 2015 is over).
New Year, New Me. I know it’s cliche, but when is a better time to start something as crazy as giving up grains, dairy, sugar, and alcohol?!
Whole30 is a way to reset your body, and help you figure out ways to fuel your body with whole foods instead of sugar-laden, super processed shit. The list of “can’ts” is about 100x longer than the list of foods you “can” eat. Here’s what you get to choose from: meat, veggies, fruits, and nuts. No more cereal, no more cheese, and absolutely no added sugar (real or fake).
I’m fit, I’m pretty average in size, and I eat pretty well. BUT this holiday season has been rough on my relationship with food. I’ve started craving and indulging in sweets, I’ve eaten WAY too many cheese plates, and drinking quite a bit #noregrets. Also I want to lose some weight.
- Lose some poundage and lose some inches
- Kill my sweet tooth: fake and real
- Eat more veggies
- Stop treating eating like a routine, and learn to listen to when my body is hungry vs. bored
I’ll be posting weekly updates.