Hello all, I was too busy having fun and enjoying small moments with great friends to take pics.
* Chicago had it’s first snowfall of the season on Friday!
* I went out with the fiance and his coworkers after work on Friday, it’s always so fun to see your person interact with people you don’t know, but they do. Do you know what I mean? I think it helps remind you about some of the things you first loved about them.
* My good friend who moved to San Fran earlier this year came to town, so Logan and I hosted an impromptu pot luck with some people to catch up, eat, and drink!
* On Sunday I went to a birthday brunch for one of my lady friends! It felt very adult, and also motivated me to leave my apartment on this chilly weekend.
Hip hip horray for a weekend filled with lots of friends, giggles, and plenty of TV time.
What’d you do over the weekend?
P.S. I got this illustration from My Baby Olive Juice
Monday?! But how…?
Well I hope all of you beautiful people had a fantastic weekend. The weather couldn’t have been better here in Chicago, 70 in November? I’ll take it!
* On Friday I took the fiance out for his birthday dinner! The big 2-4. We went to this amazing French restaurant in Lincoln Park, 3 courses of deliciousness.
* Saturday was super chill. We woke up late, watched a ton of TV, snuggled with our lil Luna, and wandered around the neighborhood all afternoon.
* Saturday night was as equally chill as Saturday: pizza, friends, and a movie night. Sometimes you just need to kick back and relax, and by sometimes I mean all the time.
* Sunday was as basic as a Sunday can be: grocery shopping, gym, fro-yo, and hanging with my BFF.
What’d you do this weekend?
Hello friends! Another awesome weekend for the books over here. It was so chill, and low-key, my fav! Not to mention the weather here in Chicago has been absolutely amazing!
* Friday night we went to the Whole Foods Event, 5 after 5. Not the best food we’ve had there, but it was still a good way to spend an evening
* Saturday morning Logan and I took some engagement pictures. We decided not to pay for them, because we knew we could easily take and edit them ourselves. Kayla (the twin), also snapped some for us *THANKS* I’ll share more of them later! 🙂
* I did some major shopping damage at some resale shops #cantstopwontstop
* Fiance and I had a double date with Twin and her BF. We went to a little pub called Brownstone, SO AMAZING. Turkey burger + sweet potato fries (sounds basic, but it was amazing).
* Sunday was spent walking around our beautiful neighborhood enjoying the crisp autumn air, and a couple of lattes (does it get any better?!)
It’s November!!! That means holiday season is upon us *YAZZZZZ*! The Fiance and I were living in Madrid last year, and the holidays just weren’t the same overseas (obvi), so I’m extra super excited for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and my birthday! This weekend turned out to be the epitome of chill. It was much needed after the last few weekends of go-go-go.
* Fiance was out of town all weekend which meant it was just me and my main squeeze, Luna.
* I don’t know if it was because Logan was gone this weekend, but the cat was SUPER cuddly. Which, as you can see, resulted in a lot of cat pics #sorrynotsorry.
* I went to two Halloween parties dressed as a Jedi. Unfortunately that meant everyone wanted to steal my $3 light saber…
Did you do anything fun this weekend?
This weekend was a little less exciting than the last (engaged/married ladies know the post-proposal feelings). But it was still a great weekend in chi-town.
* I invited a work friend to our weekly Whole Foods tradition (5 after 5), and it was greattt! It’s always a lil scary inviting new people out with your usual squad.
* The Fiance’s parents came to town so we did A LOT of things on Saturday: we even saw our first wedding venue!
* We went to Village Discount to hunt down some thrifty finds, but came out empty handed.
* We also stopped by a super trendy second hand furniture store. Sadly, it was a bit out of our entry level pay grade.
Happy fall ya’ll! I had another awesome Chi-town weekend with my some of my favorite people 🙂
* Caturday snuggle seshes are my new favorite things. Luna likes to cuddle for a solid 5 minutes and then she peaces out.
* Logan and I went to J.P. Burke’s for a little date night. We devoured that giant pretzel, along with our tasty beers in a matter of minutes #sorrynotsorry
* The Chicago Farmers Market on Satuday mornings in Lincoln Park is always the #1 place to dog watch. So many pooches! Oh yeah, and so many free samps.
* The weather this past weekend was fantastic! We had to hop off our bikes and snap this quick pic by this little pond in Lincoln Park
What’d you do this weekend?
Another great weekend for the books!
* On Friday we went to Whole Foods 5 for 5 deal (5 apps, 5 wine pairings, for $5)!
* My fam fam came down to Chi-town so we all had a delicious lunch together at Wilde
* SURPRISE! We shouted that at our friends surprise party, yeah – she cried
* The sister & I stocked up on Trader Joe’s snacks and watched the bears lose
What’d you do last weekend?
This past weekend the boyfriend and I went to Kansas City to visit some family. I don’t think KC gets enough credit for how awesome of a city it is, so here are some pics to convince you.
* We had some amazing Chinese food at Blue Koi. I ordered the ginger chicken with noodles. YUM
* Quality cat snuggles with the boyfriends brother’s kitty cat
* Seeing the boyfriend with his family makes me fall in love with him all over again
* We went to a flea market in the meat packing district. All the stores were in old warehouses so I basically felt like I was on the set of Rent.
* They had these candles made from old alcohol (miller lite, absolut, makers mark) bottles. I totally felt like I was inside of an Etsy store.
* I’m seriously obsessed with Kansas City beer. Specifically Boulevard’s Unfiltered Wheat!
* Looking for a tasty breakfast sammy? Check out Opera House
* Tapas at Bodega, obviously not as good as Spain, but it’ll do.
* Now that we’re all over 21 we could finally enjoy a night out on the town. I was happily surprised that like every bar had a rooftop. AMAZING
* Some evidence of our night out, so much fun!
We had a great Labor Day Weekend in KC, I can’t wait to go back!
Excuse the old pics, but I was having way too much fun this weekend to actually remember to take some pictures haha.
* An old high school friend came down to the city to visit me! I never get tired of catching up with the some of my best friends.
* We celebrated Andy’s (my sister’s boyfriend) birthday on Saturday! It was a perfectly chill night full of deluxe chocolate cake (with cookie dough in the middle), friends, and nice chats.
* The boyfriend and I ate a delicious brunch at Pick Me Up Cafe. It’s one of our all-time favorite places in the city! Hip hip hooray for build your own omelettes!
* Sure to melt your cynical soul: this video is so cheesy, but hey, who doesn’t love love?
* Loving this story about some American heroes who saved the day. That’s sure to boost national pride!
* OMG! Don’t know why I would need these supa cute birth control pill holders, but I do need them.
* Obsessed with Cara Loren’s Boho Chic look, isn’t her hair to die for?!
* Laughed, cried, and had lots of deep thoughts about this NPR Podcast covering the ever-present need for integration in the American school system.