Hello friends! Another awesome weekend for the books over here. It was so chill, and low-key, my fav! Not to mention the weather here in Chicago has been absolutely amazing!
* Friday night we went to the Whole Foods Event, 5 after 5. Not the best food we’ve had there, but it was still a good way to spend an evening
* Saturday morning Logan and I took some engagement pictures. We decided not to pay for them, because we knew we could easily take and edit them ourselves. Kayla (the twin), also snapped some for us *THANKS* I’ll share more of them later! 🙂
* I did some major shopping damage at some resale shops #cantstopwontstop
* Fiance and I had a double date with Twin and her BF. We went to a little pub called Brownstone, SO AMAZING. Turkey burger + sweet potato fries (sounds basic, but it was amazing).
* Sunday was spent walking around our beautiful neighborhood enjoying the crisp autumn air, and a couple of lattes (does it get any better?!)
I made a new friend when I was 16, I started dating him at 17, I fell in love with him when I was 18, and now here we are – 22 and 23, and engaged.
Gauging by different reactions people have had to our big news, I can tell some of them are a little weary of the idea of getting married “so young.” But here’s my beef with that, Logan and I got lucky, we really did! We aren’t the same people we were at 16, and neither is our relationship. Sometimes you meet an awesome someone that you can grow up alongside, mature into adults together, and create wonderful memories with. And that’s what I found.
Our relationship isn’t complacent, nor are we “settling” for a high school love. Our relationship has had it’s set of challenges: we grew up in cities an hour and a half from each other and did long distance for not one, but two years. We eventually were in the same place for 3 years in college, and then we moved abroad and taught english in Spain for a year. We’ve traveled the world together, lived together, and even adopted our lil cat child together. We know each other inside and out, and I am really really really excited to keep on keepin’ on & marry this dude.
So, while I can (kind of) understand people’s concerns about us being young, I’m here to tell you that you can worry about something more worthwhile, because we got this love thing down pat.